We’re feeling giddy for the sun and the season change for all the obvious reasons: salt and sand! Long days on picnic blankets while the little ones play their hearts away.
And also: fruit salad, crisp, juicy and just the right light and sweet all day long.
It is the season to get those MontiiCo insulated Food Jars packed with cool treats for lunch, afternoon picnics and luxurious weekend days wherever you and the fam may decide to be.
Are you into summer soups? See our favourite below. Served cold, they are a delight all day.
We've also gotten a little excited and compiled favourite ideas for chilled brekkie combos, lunch surprises or sundowner treats.
Pasta salad AKA mac n cheese – even healthier when you add any combo of parsley, sprigs of rocket, avocado, tomato, crunchy carrots or shaved, fresh fennel. Chilled comfort food!
TIP: carry 2 x MontiiCo Food Jars – one for pasta, one for salad. Combine or mix and match as the mood carries you and littlies.
Baby carrot soup
HOW TO: Sautee, then boil a bag (or 2) of baby carrots with olive oil or butter and salt. Then in the blender with 1 tbspn of honey. Pour chunky or smooth into MontiiCo Food Jars and store overnight.
In the morning, ready to go! Or dollop a cheeky extra spoon of honey and crumble plain biscuits on top – they’ll think it's dessert for lunch. Yep!
Overnight oats: create these in all the ways, one batch a week or every few nights for variety.
- combine 1/3 cup of oats with 1/2 cup of milk to MontiiCo Food Jar
- add fruit: fresh or frozen berries or dried fruit
- screw on the lid and pop in the fridge, ready for when you are
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup for special occasions
- use old fashioned raw oats. Instant or quick-cooking oats will turn to mush.
- consider raw muesli instead of oats, which means: extra fruit and nut surprises
- cow's, almond, coconut or soy milk will all be fab. For thick and creamy, 1/2 cup is perfect. For more liquid, add extra milk in the morning.
Our top 3 flavours:
Berry oats – throw in strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries or alllll the berries. (Apples or banana don't last well. Add those, if kiddies desire, in your MontiiCo Lunch Bag separately.)
Peanut butter and chocolate – not ONE bit bad when you add peanut butter plus cacao nibs, which will sweeten overnight
Peach and coconut – use peaches just ripe for freshness and dried coconut strips or flakes. TIP: Aldi sells Organic Coconut Flakes that are all natural, no preservatives
P.S Looking for more Food Jar Tips? Check out our blog post: