Looking for a delicious and healthy snack to add to the lunchbox? These Coconut Snowballs can be made ahead of time (or even frozen), ready to pop into the lunchbox! Bite sized portions make eating easier for kids too, before running off to play!
100 g (1 1⁄2 cups) desiccated coconut,
plus extra for rolling
30 g (1 1⁄2 cups) puffed quinoa
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut milk
- Place coconut and quinoa in a high- speed food processor and blitz until very fine.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup, and coconut milk, and blitz to combine.
- Place mixture in fridge for around 15 minutes to make the rolling process easier.
- Roll a tablespoon of mixture into a ball then roll in additional coconut and set aside.
- Repeat with remaining mixture then refrigerate for 2 hours before enjoying.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
You can get the kids involved too! They will love to roll the balls in the coconut.